My top ten tunes that inspired one of my all-time favourite groups.
- Hoedown – Aaron Copland (composer)
- Toccata (Piano Concerto No. 1: Toccata Concertata composed by Alberto Ginastera)
- The Barbarian (based on Allegro Barbaro: Allegro Barbaro, Sz. 49 composed by Béla Bartók)
- Pictures At An Exhibition – Modest Mussorgsky (composer)
- Fanfare For The Common Man – Aaron Copland (composer)
- The Enemy God Dances With The Black Spirits (aka The Enemy God And The Dance Of The Black Spirits from Scythian Suite, Op 20) – Sergei Prokofiev (composer)
- Knife-Edge (based on Sinfonietta: Allegretto composed by Leoš Janáček)
- Jerusalem – Hubert Parry / William Blake (composers)
- Nutrocker (based on The Nutcracker Suite, op. 71a: March composed by Tchaikovsky and arr. by Kim Fowley)
- Rondo (based on Blue Rondo à la Turk composed by Dave Brubeck) note: not based on Mozart’s Rondo Alla Turca
Disclaimer: I have decided to limit myself to only ten tunes, so of course some of my other favourites have been omitted.