As a teenager in the 70’s, the album was the ultimate thing. I would spend long hours listening to Dark Side Of The Moon, Made In Japan, Tales From Topographic Oceans, Tommy, etc in their entirety and without interruption … except for turning over the vinyl, of course.
Over the last while albums have become less important to me, and the quick access to any tune in my iTunes library has changed the way I listen and enjoy my music. I also embrace the randomness of Smart Playlists.
However some great rock albums have managed to catch my ear this past decade, so here they are.
- Jack Hammer – The Pilgrim
- The Gaslight Anthem – The ’59 Sound
- Black Mountain – Black Mountain
- Tokyo Dragons – Give Me The Fear
- Operatika – The Calling
- Deep Purple – Rapture Of The Deep (Special Edition)
- Wolfmother – Wolfmother
- Uriah Heep – Wake The Sleeper
- Bigelf – Cheat The Gallows
- Alter Bridge – Blackbird
Disclaimer: I have decided to limit myself to only ten albums, so of course some of my other favourites have been omitted.