The Vagabond Show as originally heard on Shelter Radio in Greece.
An all-South African Rock mix.
A one hour show on Shelter Radio every Tuesday 19.00 to 20.00 (Greek Time) and repeats every Saturday 20.00 to 21.00 (Greek Time).
Please also take a listen to:
Sixto Rodriguez, Brian Currin, Stephen “Sugar” Segerman, 2 March 1998
Sixto Rodriguez was born on the 10th July 1942, and his amazing story was the subject of the Oscar-winning documentary “Searching For Sugar Man”.
Rodriguez was influenced by a variety of artists including Frank Sinatra, Bob Dylan, Jimmy Reed, Jefferson Airplane and many others. He has also been a great influence on artists from various genres and he has been covered by musicians in the Jazz, Reggae, House, Electronica, Hip Hop and Rock fields.
This exclusive Mixcloud Select mix is a small tribute to this great and humble man who has inspired many, many people worldwide including myself.
Read more about Rodriguez at http://www.SugarMan.org
A 3-hour chronological mix of a few of my favourite tunes by South African artists from the late 70’s and 80’s.
Some cover versions and a whole bunch of original tracks.
A few songs have been sourced from original vinyl singles.
More info on almost all these artists can be found at www.Rock.co.za
Please also take a listen to:
1. Charlie – Rabbitt
2. Venus – Stockley Sisters
3. Substitute – Clout
4. Free And Easy – Finch & Henson
5. You’re Living Inside My Head – John Ireland
6. Buccaneer – McCully Workshop
7. ZX Dan – Radio Rats
8. Blommetjie Gedenk Aan My – Anton Goosen
9. Jo Bangles – Baxtop
10. Better The Devil You Know – Stingray
11. Man On The Moon – Ballyhoo
12. Bokkie Bokkie – David Kramer
13. Paradise Road – Joy
14. Nightmare – Peach
15. Schoolboy – Asylum Kids
16. You’re So Good To Me – Hotline
17. Grips Of Emotion – Lesley Rae Dowling
18. Bowtie Boogaloo – Morocko
19. What’ya Gonna Do When The Reggae Breaks Your Heart – Beanstalk
20. Give Me The Good News – Crocodile Harris
21. The Bushman – Steve Kekana
22. Taximan – éVoid
23. Live On – Pierre De Charmoy
24. See Yourself (Clowns) – Ella Mental
25. Mysteries & Jealousy – The Helicopters
26. Magical Touch – Petit Cheval
27. Jabulani – PJ Powers & Hotline
28. Waiting (For A Miracle) – Dog Detachment
29. Ancient Dust Of Africa – Edi Niederlander
30. Baby You Been Good – Robin Auld
31. Burnout – Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse
32. Superstar – Stewart Irving
33. As I Went Out One Morning (Damsel) – Tribe After Tribe
34. Hey Boy – Via Afrika
35. Johnny Calls The Chemist – Falling Mirror
36. We Are Growing – Margaret Singana
37. This Boy – Sweatband
38. Weeping – Bright Blue
39. My Kind Of Girl – Cinema
40. Scatterlings Of Africa – Johnny Clegg & Savuka
41. Prisoner – Lucky Dube
42. Dance Sum More – Mango Groove
43. Paint It Black – No Friends Of Harry
44. Be Bop Pop – The Spectres
45. Dear Abbie (One Night Of Passion) – Little Sister
A mix of South African Progressive Rock tracks from 1968 to 1982. Artists featured include Freedoms Children, Abstract Truth, Hawk, Otis Waygood, Duncan Mackay and Third Eye.
More info on all these artists at http://www.rock.co.za
All South African and almost all blues.
The BLACK CAT BONES will be appearing at Otterlake Easter Festival on the 4th April.
And you can also hear Black Cat Bones and many other great South African blues artists on The Vagabond Blues show on All Jazz Radio every Thursday afternoon, 4pm to 6pm (CAT) with your host Brian Currin