MUSIC EXCHANGE 2014
MUSIC EXCHANGE, South Africa’s premier music, film and entertainment conference, returns for the fourth time in 2014. The three-day MUSIC EXCHANGE program opens on Thursday 6 March 2014, and will culminate with a fitting tribute to one of the worlds, and this country’s finest musical exports, Dr Trevor Jones on Sunday 9 March 2014.
Since its inception in 2009, MUSIC EXCHANGE has served as a catalyst between the artistically anchored worlds of entertainment, film, music, academia, and the distinctly gifted men and women who feed, and are fed, from its many disciplines.
Three jam-packed days filled with the most committed and talented people in the entertainment industry today, MUSIC EXCHANGE is passion personified on a multitude of levels. “It’s a family of like-minded and hardworking people,” MUSIC EXCHANGE founder Martin Myers confirms. “Included in that mix are artists, composers, national and international advocates, film producers and public relations and entertainment specialists, Brand and Image Consultants and Music legends the calibre of Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse. It’s always humbling and incredibly rewarding to be responsible for bringing so many amazing people together. All with the same aim in mind – empowerment and growth of the many critical contributors to our entertainment economy.”
Cape Town’s beautiful and richly historic City Hall will welcome patrons, investors, musicians, students and peers, and play host to the three-day heavyweight assembly. The first 48 hours, of the 72-hour emersion, will be filled with keynote addresses, lectures, collaborative breakout sessions and multiple opportunities for all present to actively participate and contribute during the conference phase.
The original motivation and intent behind what MUSIC EXCHANGE is today is that of being a platform where future collaborations are formed and opportunities created for emerging and established artists. “This extends to anyone and everyone touched the many aspects of the creative process,” Myers adds. “MUSIC EXCHANGE provides artists with practical tools and insights into the workings of the music, film and entertainment business’, in order that they’re better equipped to make a success of their specific careers. And that’s made possible thanks to the investment made by the expertise of the industry leaders MUSIC EXCHANGE attracts.”
The fourth and final day of MUSIC EXCHANGE 2014 promises to be extraordinary thanks to the motivation of music icon Dr Trevor Jones. Post workshops and master classes, conference delegates will get to share in a showcase like no other. In association with Cape Town’s City Parks, MUSIC EXCHANGE will stage both emerging and established artists on a platform built expressly to celebrate the rich and diverse career of the composer, arranger, producer, musician and proud South African.
Moving from City Hall, south to the foot of Table Mountain, De Waal Park, in Vredehoek, will play host to a closing concert the likes of which the city, and country, has ever seen thanks to MUSIC EXCHANGE‘s Ambassadors Tribute Concert to international film composer Dr Trevor Jones.
“We believe that utilising public spaces will benefit both the City of Cape Town, and all of the artists Involved,” Myers says. “MUSIC EXCHANGE‘s ultimate aim is to bridge the cultural divide, and ensure the integration of cultural diversity and inclusivity, through music and cultural exchange. The more that happens the greater the reward to us all. Our closing concert will be a fitting confirmation of what MUSIC EXCHANGE continually looks to achieve and strive for.”
Tickets to MUSIC EXCHANGE are available now through Computicket , Shoprite and Checkers outlets countrywide, online at www.computicket.com, or by calling 0861 915 8000.
For more information contact:
Triple M Entertainment
Mobile: +27 083 448 4475
MUSIC EXCHANGE participants will include:
- An Internationally awarded Hollywood film composer.
- Top producers and songwriters of commercial music.
- Top performing South African and international artists.
- Artist managers.
- Licensing and collecting agents.
- Various revenue streams hosts and agents.
- Top music advocates and lawyers.
- Top executives involved in digital distribution.
- Physical distribution specialists.
- Publications and media executives.
- Sound engineering academies.
- Concert promoters and festival organisers.
- Live Music venues managers and owners.
- Touring – current acts touring South Africa and globally.
- Recording studio owners and managers.
- Top brand executives.
- International record label executives.
- Top image consultants.
- Top South African retailers.
- Electronic dance music executives.
- Key print and online media specialists.
The MUSIC EXCHANGE board members are:
- Martin Myers–Founder of Music Exchange / Owner of Triple M Entertainment
/ 17 years working with SONY BMG.
- Sipho “Hotstix“Mabuse–SAMA Lifetime Achievement Winner and 46664 ambassador.
- Dr Trevor Jones–International award winning film composer. Trevor‘s collaborated with the likes of David Bowie, Sting, U2, Sinead O’Connor, Charlotte Church, Britney Spears and Elvis Costello, and has also been invited as a jury member for BAFTA, the Mercury Music Prize and the International Film Festival of Flanders, Ghent.
- Professor John Rowett–CEO of the Rhodes Trust, and the creator, in partnership with Jakes Gerwel, of the Mandela Rhodes Foundation). Former Secretary General of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, where he developed, with African colleagues, the more than eighty-billion-rand programme, ‘Renewing the African University‘.
- Advocate Nick Matzukis–CEO of the Academy of Sound Engineering.
- Peter Lacey–CEO of Musketeer Records.
- Razia Myers–Partner, Triple M Entertainment.
Triple M Entertainment
Mobile: +27 083 448 4475